Some guys might meet the map setting issues when using the aftermarket Android 4.4 car stereo, such as the map color and speed alert setting can’t be saved and need to reset every time when turning on the stereo. Here’s the guidance to help you out:
- Check if other settings such as radio, date and time can be saved or not. If all these settings can’t be saved, then you might have plugged the Red ACC cable and Yellow memory wire (labeled with B+ ) into the wrong position. Thus, there is no memory and the Android 4.4 car stereo has no data to save. All you need to do is plugging them in the right position and the setting issue will be fixed.
- If other settings can be saved, then there’s something wrong with the map card or the map App. You may need a new SD card and also a new map file (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for it). After copying the map file into your empty new SD card, you need to insert it into the GPS slot. Then you can save the map setting without any issues.
For more Android car stereos, please visit:
Customers should keep their in-dash Ford Android 4.4 car stereo clean and free of dust and fingerprints. To do so, they need a dry, lint-free cloth and water. Follow the following four-step process to clean the in-dash Ford Android 4.4 car stereo.
- Step 1:
For light cleaning, use a dry, lint-free cloth to remove any dust or fingerprints.
- Step 2:
For a more through cleaning, moisten a lint-free cloth with water.
- Step 3:
Clean hard to remove dirt by scrubbing.
- Step 4:
Allow the head unit face plate to dry.
Fingerprints and dirt can get inside the CD and DVD slots, causing potential harm to an in-dash Android 4.4 car stereo. Keeping an in-dash Android 4.4 car stereo clean can extend it’s life, saving customers both time and money.
For more stunning Android 4.4 car stereos, please visit:
If your car head unit does not power on successfully, you can try the following solutions to fix the problem:
- Check that the 12 volt and memory wire are connected together. This is a common mistake that can cause issues to make the car head unit fail to power on.
- Examine your Android 4.4 car head unit plug carefully, do you see in cuts in the wiring? Does the plug look damaged? If you do see any damaged in both aspects, then replace the plug.
- Turn on your car ignition. Some car head units only turn on, when you turn on the ignition and start your car.
- Check the fuse in the head units fuse holder. If its blown replace it and you hopefully fixed it.
- Get a voltmeter and check the voltage on the red color wire, the wire that supplies 12 volts to the stereo. If it slows a reading of 12 volts, then it indicates you have got a good power source and its not the problem.
- You could have a bad ground connection. Check if the ground wire is touching the car’s mental. If there is any rust on the ground terminal, get a screwdriver and scratch it off.
1.How can I populate my address book’s contacts into the Android car stereo universal?
A: For downloading the address book’s contacts from your phone to the radio: firstly, you need to pair your phone with the Android head unit, then please click the contacts icon and search your contacts like the following picture:
Please make sure that you use the built-in contacts in your phone, otherwise it can not be searched. Also, if your smartphone runs Android 5.0 OS or above, please allow all the submissions in your phone when the stereo searches the contacts.
2.After installing the car DVD player, I can’t hear any sound through the speakers or the Bluetooth. The music is attenuated but no phone or GPS instructions can be heard. Is there a hidden menu to give more volume to GPS and Bluetooth?
A: Normally, we don’t have hidden menu to give more volume. And for setting the GPS app sound ( we pre-installed the IGO free copy version ), please check the setting below:
You can re-install the IGO app from our SD card to check whether it would help or not. Besides, please enter the settings=>GPS, make sure that you turn on the GPS monitoring. You can turn up the GPS mixing ratio so that the GPS sound would be louder.
As for the Bluetooth issue, if you make the phone call via Bluetooth, please well close your car windows and doors, then turn the volume of both your phone and the head unit to the middle level. You can also enter the factory setting ( the password is 126 ), and check the BT setting.
3.In case of the extra mic, how can I increase the volume ? I don’t find any possibility to adjust the mic volume in the car audio player.
A: Please use the extra mic and increase the car radio’s volume.
4.I’m not able to get torque to recognize that Bluetooth is on. Therefore, I can’t connect Bluetooth to the OBD. I can connect to it from my phone but not from the Pumpkin Car Head Unit. Is there something I can do to get this to work ?
A: For pairing the OBDII, you need to know the protocol of your car and select the correct protocol in “Torque”. Followings are the whole instruction:
①Please enter “Bluetooth ”application, then set the pairing code of the radio to the same one as the OBDII scanner’Generally, it would be 0000 or 1234. ( please try both )
②Then please open the built-in torque, choose the OBDII scanner MAC address in the application setting and choose your car protocol.
A: Since the car DVD player Bluetooth is based on Android 4.4, you can download other music player apps like Spotify in the built-in play store ( need Wifi or other Internet source ) and install it on the head unit.