Even when you park your BMW in an area that is not known for being at high risk of theft, you should take all of the proper precautions to ensure that your BMW can’t be broken into. Otherwise, it might happened this:
It’s important to reduce the probability of items getting stolen from your car as well by having the interior of your car look as unattractive as possible to criminals. This means you shouldn’t flaunt an expensive BMW Android car stereo system in areas and you make sure your security system is fully activated.
Things You’ll Need
- Speaker covers
- Fake plate cover
- Security system
- Turn your car radio down when you begin to approach the area where you plan on parking. You don’t want to call attention to your sound system to any criminals in the area that may hear that you may own an expensive car DVD player.
- Park in an area that is well lit with traffic and pedestrians often near by. If parking in a parking garage make sure there is a parking attendant on duty and cameras pointed near where you park your car.
- Take anything out of theinterior of your car that could attract theft, including loose change, CD case or shopping bags. Place these items in the trunk of your car.
- Place speaker covers over any expensive speakers that can be visible from the outside. Consider placing a fake plate over your stereos head unit so that it looks cheaper then it really is.
- Make sure you car has an efficient security system. A system that is loud and calls attention to your car if it’s touched is the best to use. Make sure all doors are completely locked and take note of your surrounding before leaving you car.