This Android 4.4 head unit (KD-C0660) is awesome! If you’re on the fence or are worried about quality, don’t. I’ve been using it for several months and it works great. All the features work as advertised. It works with my steering wheel controls, and also work flawlessly with the backup camera that I purchased separately.
- Nice, large touchscreen, easy to read during the daytime and at night.
- All features work as advertised.
- Easy to download new Android apps from the Google Play Store, directly on the Android 4.4 head unit.
- Works with steering wheel controls.
- Works great with backup camera.
- Works great with OBD II Bluetooth dongle and the Torque app – allows you to read all kinds of information about your engine that you can’t normally see. (RPMs for the gas and electric engines, engine coolant temperature, timing advance, etc.)
- If you download a separate app for playing music, it’s possible to end up playing that app and the stock music/radio app at the same time. This can be a problem when using steering wheel controls, as they don’t work with the third party apps, but rather than end up activating the stock app such that both apps are playing at once. I usually make sure this doesn’t happen by switching to Bluetooth.
- Brightness – turning on headlights only dims the display very slightly, which is perfect if you’re driving in the rain. But, if you’re driving at night, the display is still way too bright. It would be nice if the unit automatically turned the brightness all the way down, but as it’s now you have to do it in the settings.
None of these cons were a very big deal to me, and all have solutions, so I went ahead and gave five stars. I really love this unit and all of its features, and highly recommend it.
For more Toyota Android 4.4 car stereos, please visit:
- US Site: http://www.autopumpkin.com/
- UK Site: http://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/
- DE Site: http://www.autopumpkin.de/